X360 F4: Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [07/12/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 F4: Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [07/12/14 - 8:00pm]

Jun 5, 2014
qualy was going alright, done a 22.5 and as i was 6 tenths up on my previous lap i disconnected :/ started from the back and got an amazing start went from 14th to 7th before disconnecting :( my 3 stop strategy was looking quite good but i guess ill never find out ahah, had fun watching smurf **** up his race afterwards though hahaha

Knor The Dragon

Reigning AOR X360 F4 Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Okay, my review of the GP. Qualy was dissapointing, first try: 23.2 with a few mistakes. Second try: 22.6, this looks okay, but more mistakes. And damn, the perfect lap in the third try: 21.7 (I felt like God at that moment) Thanks to @bontabullets and @Blue Smurf FTW for putting up such good laps. During the race, started with options and got a 8-9 second gap with bontabullets and lunarz. I pitted for primes and got back to 3rd while chasing them. BTW, Assylux or something like that lost me so much time because he kept appearing like 50 metres in front after I overtook him. And the third stint, OMG I wanted to kill myself, Ferrari put me damn primes AGAIN with 7 laps to go, when it was supposed to be options. It was my bad with the pad though and the engine option :banghead: So yeah, with primes it was horrible, no pace at all, and then made a few mistakes in the last two laps and Lunarz was 3 seconds behind me. Third sector of the last lap and he was less than a second. I was truly sweating. In favor of Lunarz I have to say I cut the last corner of the chicane, I thought us two couldn't go in that space and cut the last bit. If Lunarz wants to take it to the judges, I will accept any penalty I'm given. See you in Canada
Yeah, I was Sweating my ass off when I saw that the gap went from 7 to 3 in 1 lap. In all fairness, I cut Turn 14 and you cut 15, so I think you would have got it either way :p Good race though after me and midget went from 5th and 8th respectively to 4th and 2nd. Good points haul for Mclaren :D[DOUBLEPOST=1417989194][/DOUBLEPOST]
@RealJewell766 is now the fifth winner in five races btw

If we keep going at this rate even I'd have won by the end of the season ;)
MONACO IS MINE MWHAHAHAHAHAHA (1:14.4 in TT :p)

(In Fairness, I should have got 2nd Last year if @StubbornGymnast didn't park his Williams with a plank 'o wood Front wing of a bloody Bus)

bontabullets

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 4, 2014
Congrats Jewell! Pole & win in your home GP!

In other news I came last due to being a complete wally. My Primes lasted from the start to L20 without losing too much control... but the Options were dead by the end.

Don't 1-stop here if you value your dignity lol :p
I 1 stopped and came 3rd[DOUBLEPOST=1417989387][/DOUBLEPOST]Also If youre interested @Blue Smurf FTW and @RealJewell766

Vengeance NOR

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2014
Alright, this was a unexpected fun race. Started P12, P13 if Greg hadnt disconnected, surprised I didn't start all the way in the back as I had lost my setup and had no idea what I was doing. Attempted a retarded Prime run in Q, still no idea what I was doing. Then came the race, and I actually forgot to start when the lights went out, lol. Was like "Oh ****, throttle". So there's that. But yeah, the race itself, it was a bit confusing tbh, as people changed positions everywhere. I went 13, laps on my primes while saving fuel and preparing for 2 aggressive option-stints. Which worked out quite nicely, ended up P6 after the final stops, but couldnt hold EIR STIG behind in the end. Then it was just about staying ahead of EIR W1Z as well. EIR sandwich. Fun battles were fought all through the race, which made my worst track on the calendar to actually be a fun race where I got my season best result so far.

Also beat my teammate, leading 3-2 now. Expecting you to take Monaco so we can keep this a very much even fight, mate @BlueAsedGibbon :D

StubbornGymnast

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah, I was Sweating my ass off when I saw that the gap went from 7 to 3 in 1 lap. In all fairness, I cut Turn 14 and you cut 15, so I think you would have got it either way :p Good race though after me and midget went from 5th and 8th respectively to 4th and 2nd. Good points haul for Mclaren :D[DOUBLEPOST=1417989194][/DOUBLEPOST]
MONACO IS MINE MWHAHAHAHAHAHA (1:14.4 in TT :p)

(In Fairness, I should have got 2nd Last year if @StubbornGymnast didn't park his Williams with a plank 'o wood Front wing of a bloody Bus)
Good times lol. If the damn dog didnt stand infront of the tv, my wing wouldnt be screwed!

Vengeance NOR

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2014
Btw, everyone who wants to see the stewards for all various reasons, do it before Wednesday (that means through Tuesday), otherwise it wont be taken into account.

LCR Apex

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 15, 2014
I 1 stopped and came 3rd
There were way more factors at play as to why I messed up so badly than just the 1-stop. Difference between you and I was that you were able to handle it wayy better than me.

I'll just stick to option-option-prime from now on, while I wait for my more competitive races to show up :p

t3hmightymidg3t

Formula 3 1st Driver
Content Producer
Jan 14, 2014
that was a pretty fun race, jumped from 6th to 5th at the start thanks to @Blue Smurf FTW sidepod glitching at T1 (unlucky :p ), i somehow managed to save @Matthew Dale from crashing at T3 i planted my car on the inside for T4 and it stopped him from hitting the wall, although he pitted thatsame lap (lap 6) when he was on primes so i could only assume he was doing a 3 stop, anyways i could have got 3rd if the ( 1 wheel ober the white line) bulls**t wasnt real i would have had 3rd, but i cant deny, 4th is still very good, now onto Monaco, yay, safety car anyone? XD

Matthew Dale

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2014
Well, my race went totally to pot...next up Monaco for a laugh! :p
Smashing result for RealJewell, pole and win at his home GP! A good start for STIG, beating me in his 1st race...and also by my teammate. Well done Brenden! (y) That's 3-1 ;)

Blue Smurf FTW

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 14, 2014
Smashing result for RealJewell, pole and win at his home GP! A good start for STIG, beating me in his 1st race...and also by my teammate. Well done Brenden! (y) That's 3-1 ;)
If i lose the season by 2 points im blamibg you btw :p
Can you put the incident in the highlights btw? From my pov i spun and then went under your car hahha, it was one of the weirdest things ever lol. Didnt affect me too much lol[DOUBLEPOST=1418053317][/DOUBLEPOST]
If i lose the season by 2 points im blaming you btw :p
Can you put the incident in the highlights btw? From my pov i spun and then went under your car hahha, it was one of the weirdest things ever lol. Didnt affect me too much lol

BlueAsedGibbon

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Suppose I should do my report. Easy one this week, can sum it up in 1 word: Shite. To expand on that tho, I got blocked at T4 by a sideways facing smurf who I T-boned to which he must've taken exception coz he then teleported bout 100yrds up the road all fine and dandy whilst I was left to be swamped by the 3-4 cars right up my chuff, effectivly putting down near the back of the field. Later on whilst trying to recover from that debacle I got stuck behind 4 ppl on primes while I was on opts and just couldnt get past any of them anywhere. Had a go round the outside of the last corner on a caterham but they decided they didnt want to use any part of the track other than the piece I was on and once the curbing ran out I was left on the grass with a flappy back end and lost another place. Safe to say that me being "fed up" is an understatement.

And @Vengeance NOR our expectations of Monaco differ slightly, I expect to be going well between the line and T1 and it all go down hill from there (even tho technically it goes uphill from there lol) I mean S5/6 (I think) was some of the closest, cleanest racing I've been involved in and we had ppl tripping over each other there, here I'm kind of expecting something comparable to Hiroshima. On that point what happens if everyone destroys their cars at T1, can we restart? lol

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
I have a penalty I'd like to have removed, will do it tomorrow :)

Vengeance NOR

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2014
Suppose I should do my report. Easy one this week, can sum it up in 1 word: Shite. To expand on that tho, I got blocked at T4 by a sideways facing smurf who I T-boned to which he must've taken exception coz he then teleported bout 100yrds up the road all fine and dandy whilst I was left to be swamped by the 3-4 cars right up my chuff, effectivly putting down near the back of the field. Later on whilst trying to recover from that debacle I got stuck behind 4 ppl on primes while I was on opts and just couldnt get past any of them anywhere. Had a go round the outside of the last corner on a caterham but they decided they didnt want to use any part of the track other than the piece I was on and once the curbing ran out I was left on the grass with a flappy back end and lost another place. Safe to say that me being "fed up" is an understatement.

And @Vengeance NOR our expectations of Monaco differ slightly, I expect to be going well between the line and T1 and it all go down hill from there (even tho technically it goes uphill from there lol) I mean S5/6 (I think) was some of the closest, cleanest racing I've been involved in and we had ppl tripping over each other there, here I'm kind of expecting something comparable to Hiroshima. On that point what happens if everyone destroys their cars at T1, can we restart? lol
Well Monaco is a survival game really, as someone will always try to squeeze and divebomb to get past someone. Honestly, I just want to be faster than some guys behind, but slower than some guy ahead so I can drive my own race and not crash, lol.

Matthew Dale

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 7, 2014
Oh cheers! Haha! Nothing to do with all these sidepod glitches you've had at like every race, then? ;)
I will put my major fail in the vid so you can all have a laugh. It's only fair you get to see me screw it up too, eh Greg? :D:p
I'll br bringing a truck load of spare wings for Monaco this week, hopefully I wont need them....:rofl::p

Oct 22, 2014
If you haven't seen already, my 10sec penalty has been removed :)