X360 GP2 - Main Thread - Season 8 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 GP2 - Main Thread - Season 8

Jan 13, 2014
Hi guys, not been on this thread in a while. I'm really struggling to get time to play the game, not really touched it since season 7. I'm going to do my best to be available for Monaco because i love the track and i have a completely free weekend next week. I do record and play with a wheel, the CSR. Fingers crossed i'll see you on track next week. :)

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- TRL Martin [Garyyyyyyyy] will be moving from F1 down to GP2 due to his controller causing him to struggle with braking issues. He's decided to get used to driving with the triggers (rather than the right analog stick) which will make him less competitive in the meantime, and we've agreed that GP2 is a better environment for him to get used to the new style of driving.

He's yet to confirm whether he wants the Caterham or the Mercedes (have put him in the Caterham for now).

- As a result, Brociek96 has accepted a move up to F1, being offered the spot due to leading the GP2 standings by a solid margin after 4 races.

NillisLukins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Good luck brociek! Sure you'll be just fine in F1. And welcome along Gary!

Can I just point everyone towards this thread as well please. Essential reading before we race tonight.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
ill take the Mercedes if its possible

Next few races are basically going to be testing for me, i dont think ill be making any threats for points until Silverstone and Germany. I think this move was necessary as it was becoming an issue especially in heavy braking. The triggers move will at least benefit me in that aspect as well as F1 on the next gen.

TRL Metcalf

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2014
martin if I don't see you back in f1 ill beat you with an egg

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- SyKo Swish has joined GP2 and will fill the open seat in the Caterham!

Side note to Ben (Tiametmarduk): Reason you've not been offered the spot despite being first reserve is that we're not convinced with your connection in the races you've done, so we're not sure if it's feasible for you to be a main driver atm. Obviously that's not your fault, but you surely have a massive ping when connecting from Aussie to UK and based on your videos the game doesn't seem able to handle it very well.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I use a wheel (a slightly broken wheel)

Welcome TRL Martin

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
TRL Metcalf;n45340 said:
martin if I don't see you back in f1 ill beat you with an egg
Who on earth are you? Hope you choke on that egg :thumbup:

TRL Metcalf

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2014
haha who am I im the don, you better get winning in this league or ill leave camp and shoot you down with my lmg haha

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- BigshotP1ayerGR has sadly had to leave the league due something in his personal life taking priority.

Hopefully we can find someone suitable to fill the spot in the near future. You have SE as a reserve of course, but he's not able to commit to a full seat atm as far as I'm aware.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- thelivingdead69 has accepted a move up from GP2 to take one of the open spots in the F1 League.

As you might know, I did offer the spot first to the top 2 drivers in GP2, but they've both said no. From 3rd downwards in the standings, there's a big group of drivers who are close together, without anyone really having stood out in particular from what I could see, so I wasn't sure who was the best driver to ask. However as Livingdead expressed his interest to me about moving up, and the fact that he's been a long-standing driver (plus can record which is a plus for me!), I decided to offer him the spot.

As you might know, there is still one spot open in F1, meaning there could be a chance for someone else to move up in the near future, however for now I don't feel comfortable moving further drivers up from GP2 as long as there are even more spots open here.

I hope we can find someone to fill the open GP2 spots in not too long, but it kind of depends on someone with appropriate pace to sign up. But we'll see what happens. For now, I hope you'll still be able to enjoy the coming race(s) with the 14 great drivers you have.

Jan 13, 2014
I'm going to do my best to put some practice in this week and hopefully race on Sunday. Wooop! - going to be slow. :D

thelivingdead69

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
you alright guys, just a little explanation as to why i moved to f1. i knew fisi had asked the top 2 people and they declined and i dont blame them. after the amount of points they had acquired, it didnt make sense for them to lose all those points to go to f1 to possibly be demoted back down to gp2 for next season. due to me being relatively safe in the mid table battle i mentioned to fisi that if he couldnt find anyone to occupy the seat that i wouldnt mind filling in as i didnt think it was right that our f1 division had any empty seats. it was awesome racing with you guys. great battles with brociek (when he was here, franglish, jason, neil (for 2 seasons) pritt. it was great racing in a division where everybody was so closely matched. dont forget me if you guys are ever doing practice i need as much help as i can get to keep up with these f1 lads!!

just a qucik update about the gp2 highlights. unfortunately, for some reason after putting in hours of work and getting all the clips organised from australia (i know you all thought i was starting from bahrain but i was gonna surprise everyone with using all the footage i could get from previous races and start from round 1) the final edit just wouldnt export from final cut pro. was saying something about not being able to render a frame or something, i wont be able to do them. which is a shame coz the australia race looked really good when it was all put together. not only that but it looked like a lot of people stopped recording and australia was hard enough with only 4 peoples perspective.

hope you all enjoy the rest of the season. il be keeping a close eye on who wins gp2 and who gets that final promotion place as i know the battle is tight. depending on how things go il either see some of you next season in gp2 or some of you next season in f1!!

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- astevo1989 has joined the GP2 League and will be taking one of the vacant seats in the Sauber!

astevo1989

Junior Karter
Jun 20, 2014
Just thought I'd say hi looking forward to my first race with you guys in gp2. Think I've raced a few of you online before so kinda know the pace of league and know it's going to b a fast paced league. Just hoping for a good clean first race

NillisLukins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Welcome to the league mate! Seen you had some pretty good pace in our social on Friday so hopefully you'll be a good fit in this league :).

Meireloso

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
My fucking cat has pissed on my xbox this morning, and it currently doesn't working anymore. I think I'd have no choice except leave AOR, depending if my xbox wants to be back working or not, before the next race... :mellow:

Fucking pets ...

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Brilliant. I sincerely hope that's not an excuse because you can't be bothered anymore. Pretty sure we had like 6 French drivers overall start this season, now I believe there's 2 remaining (if you have to leave) - I don't know if that's just some coincidence :/

Becoming a bit of a joke really with how many are leaving and no-showing at the moment. And as there doesn't seem to be a lot of quick drivers joining at the moment, it looks the top 2 leagues are might end up suffering as a result. I hope the rest of you are at least committed to complete the season so we avoid further losses.

I'll have to see if someone wants to move up from F3, but can't guarantee anything.