X360 GP2 - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [05/04/15 - 8:15pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 GP2 - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [05/04/15 - 8:15pm]

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks to everyone that gave me room during that race, I appreciate it :)
Cant tell if sarcastic or not... Haha

Anyway my race, bottled qually and started 5th which was good, got a great start and went into T1 in 4th then I just got smashed of the track from behind, I then tried to catch up from 8th and this was helped by me having good pave in the wet and people battling, I then managed to have a nice little battle with jazah and mole, I got hit of 2 times and mole hit me off once and didn't wait, maybe lag bubble and then jazah hit me off, he then let me through :) after that I went onto the options and stayed in 3rd until the 2nd last lap when my types began to die and Leroy overtook me, overall I'm happy to take 4th :)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014

Anyway my race, bottled qually and started 5th which was good, got a great start and went into T1 in 4th then I just got smashed of the track from behind, I then tried to catch up from 8th and this was helped by me having good pave in the wet and people battling, I then managed to have a nice little battle with jazah and mole, I got hit of 2 times and mole hit me off once and didn't wait, maybe lag bubble and then jazah hit me off, he then let me through :) after that I went onto the options and stayed in 3rd until the 2nd last lap when my types began to die and Leroy overtook me, overall I'm happy to take 4th :)
100% sarcastic. Not to you though!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014

When did I hit you? Don't remember it

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
what a race, P1 baby. GP2 champion :happy::cigar:

quali - wasnt great could only manage 11.8 which was good enough for 7th

race start was ok but got a couple of penaltys when hpe and riley collided but id knew they'd get removed, was up to 5th and passed @JNPJD going into turn 1 and then jazah going up the hill. i was up to 3rd with mole in 2nd battling with res. as i closed in mole spun off at turn 2 and i was promoted to 2nd. i caught and passed res to take the lead and held it until lap 12 when i stopped for fresh inters. everyone stopped a lap later so i got a 3sec gap to res. he closed up quickly but he didnt have the straight line speed to over take me. we built a gap to 3rd as the track started to dry. me team mate stopped for options early and was really helpful on the info, i stopped on lap 24 for options and res lap 25, he rejoined right behind me. it was tricky conditions for around 4laps but once we had full grip i had a great battle with @Res F1 Italian swapping leaders every lap, on the last lap he hit me off at turn 1 but conceded the position, nailed the last corner and took a hard thought victory but most importantly sealed the championship.
season 8 F3 champion
season 9 GP2 champion
if this trend carrys on it should be season 10 F1 champion lol.
its not over yet tho as ive never won 3 in a row so im gonna try and win the last race, plus a pole would be nice lol.
@TheSilentMole45 just wanna say unlucky mate and thanks for a great championship battle, you brought out the best in me with your rapid pace. hopefully we can continue our battle in F1.
@iLeeroy 7 x nice podium drive that was
@Res F1 Italian great race
@ everyone in GP2 thanks for a great season its been a pleasure

Last edited:

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Was a tenth up on Res in quali when I ran out of fuel. Should've got passed him but hit the back of him and span off. Then had battles where drivers were simply not giving me room (maybe lag). Really should've won that but once again I don't get any luck. Congrats @LC SPEED DEMON if your penalties are removed. However I believe I should've been champ however bad luck and mistakes have cost me

Res F1 Italian

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 31, 2015
fought victory, the rain ruined my race, in the dry I had a nice rhythm with free road but it was a good battle with @LC SPEED DEMON , he got the better but for my luck that he had the penalty is I could win my first real race

Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Discovered an all new invisible wall coming out the pits from my first stop, was 30 secs behind after that. Dunno how I found the will to finish. Shite night

Reactions: Damo and MKJ

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

race start was ok but got a couple of penaltys when hpe and riley collided but id knew they'd get removed, was up to 5th and passed @JNPJD going into turn 1 and then jazah going up the hill. i was up to 3rd with mole in 2nd battling with res. as i closed in mole spun off at turn 2 and i was promoted to 2nd. i caught and passed res to take the lead and held it until lap 12 when i stopped for fresh inters. everyone stopped a lap later so i got a 3sec gap to res. he closed up quickly but he didnt have the straight line speed to over take me. we built a gap to 3rd as the track started to dry. me team mate stopped for options early and was really helpful on the info, i stopped on lap 24 for options and res lap 25, he rejoined right behind me. it was tricky conditions for around 4laps but once we had full grip i had a great battle with @Res F1 Italian swapping leaders every lap, on the last lap he hit me off at turn 1 but conceded the position, nailed the last corner and took a hard thought victory but most importantly sealed the championship.
season 8 F3 champion
season 9 GP2 champion
its not over yet tho as ive never won 3 in a row so im gonna try and win the last race, plus a pole would be nice lol.
@TheSilentMole45 just wanna say unlucky mate and thanks for a great championship battle, you brought out the best in me with your rapid pace. hopefully we can continue our battle in F1.
Bet you don't want to be in f1 again though [emoji14]

Congratulations on the title pal

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014

season 8 F3 champion
season 9 GP2 champion
Yeah, congratulations mate. Your race pace was incredible. It's a case of what could have been for me, especially in the last few races where I've been caught up in incidents which aren't my fault. But even so, I had my chance at Hungary and didn't take it. I'm glad and surprised I was even in the battle to begin with. Well done :)

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
@LC SPEED DEMON congrats on the title shame I wasn't there in 2nd to hold everyone up but I would've been just so that you knoiw. Congrats to @TheSilentMole45 for a great debut season with loads of ups and downs. Couldn't make this race as I had a bug that was going around in our house yay, practiced for a bit couldn't string a lap together so didn't bother turning up sorry for not telling anyone

Reactions: TheSilentMole45

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah, congratulations mate. Your race pace was incredible. It's a case of what could have been for me, especially in the last few races where I've been caught up in incidents which aren't my fault. But even so, I had my chance at Hungary and didn't take it. I'm glad and surprised I was even in the battle to begin with. Well done :)
id like to say my experience came in to play this season, situations like starting mid pack most races n able to get through the field without issue's. of course i had my bad race's too australia dnf, monaco dnf, canada poor race but after canada i was at the top of my game apart from singapore lol. 9 seasons on this site and this season ranks as one of the best. not a bad game tbh