X360 GP2 - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [05/04/15 - 8:15pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 GP2 - Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [05/04/15 - 8:15pm]

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
because you are the winner in brazil if you came third? @LC SPEED DEMON
He got his penalties removed so won. If he had been 3rd I would've still been in it
[DOUBLEPOST=1428341257][/DOUBLEPOST]
id like to say my experience came in to play this season, situations like starting mid pack most races n able to get through the field without issue's. of course i had my bad race's too australia dnf, monaco dnf, canada poor race but after canada i was at the top of my game apart from singapore lol. 9 seasons on this site and this season ranks as one of the best. not a bad game tbh
I agree. My lack of experience certainly didn't help me. I needed to be more patient during races, especially overtaking. I can do a Vettel (Bahrain, Spain) but struggle when put in bad situations. But I've matured over the season and got better (coming through in Russia). Having said that I'm really happy as this is only my 1st season.

P.s I won't be forgetting Monaco for a long time ;)

• Winner
Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

xJazah

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 11, 2014
what a race, P1 baby. GP2 champion :happy::cigar:

quali - wasnt great could only manage 11.8 which was good enough for 7th

race start was ok but got a couple of penaltys when hpe and riley collided but id knew they'd get removed, was up to 5th and passed @JNPJD going into turn 1 and then jazah going up the hill. i was up to 3rd with mole in 2nd battling with res. as i closed in mole spun off at turn 2 and i was promoted to 2nd. i caught and passed res to take the lead and held it until lap 12 when i stopped for fresh inters. everyone stopped a lap later so i got a 3sec gap to res. he closed up quickly but he didnt have the straight line speed to over take me. we built a gap to 3rd as the track started to dry. me team mate stopped for options early and was really helpful on the info, i stopped on lap 24 for options and res lap 25, he rejoined right behind me. it was tricky conditions for around 4laps but once we had full grip i had a great battle with @Res F1 Italian swapping leaders every lap, on the last lap he hit me off at turn 1 but conceded the position, nailed the last corner and took a hard thought victory but most importantly sealed the championship.
season 8 F3 champion
season 9 GP2 champion
if this trend carrys on it should be season 10 F1 champion lol.
its not over yet tho as ive never won 3 in a row so im gonna try and win the last race, plus a pole would be nice lol.
@TheSilentMole45 just wanna say unlucky mate and thanks for a great championship battle, you brought out the best in me with your rapid pace. hopefully we can continue our battle in F1.
@iLeeroy 7 x nice podium drive that was
@Res F1 Italian great race
@ everyone in GP2 thanks for a great season its been a pleasure
Abu Dhabi is one of, if not my favourite track! I will be doing my very best to secure a second win this Sunday!
Massive congrats on this championship LC! & commiserations to @TheSilentMole45 All these twists and turns for the lead of the championship! What an awesome battle I could be apart of! Yet to have a full League season but I'm looking forward to that in time to come for next season and if for some reason you pair are not in F1 next season I will most definitely be pushing to contend in a championship with the top guys in this division next season!

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Abu Dhabi is one of, if not my favourite track! I will be doing my very best to secure a second win this Sunday!
Massive congrats on this championship LC! & commiserations to @TheSilentMole45 All these twists and turns for the lead of the championship! What an awesome battle I could be apart of! Yet to have a full League season but I'm looking forward to that in time to come for next season and if for some reason you pair are not in F1 next season I will most definitely be pushing to contend in a championship with the top guys in this division next season!
Well, with old drivers coming back as they can pick and choose when they race it wouldn't surprise me if we're still in GP2 next year. They can't be bothered with this game but think they can just waltz back into F1 when a good game comes. Smh

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: LC SPEED DEMON

xJazah

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 11, 2014
Well, with old drivers coming back as they can pick and choose when they race it wouldn't surprise me if we're still in GP2 next year. They can't be bothered with this game but think they can just waltz back into F1 when a good game comes. Smh

It is a bit frustrating about that but if there is 20 spaces in a race lobby for F1 2015 it could be a possibility

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

totally agree you get us loyal ones who obey the rules season in season out and complete what we started and signed up for. yet people who pull out mid season could be fast tracked back to F1. @FisiFan91 this isnt fair mate. drivers like noble and matty g i can understand as they didnt pull out mid season but others like raven tigger rosberg ect should not be fast tracked to F1 for season 10 imo.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The reason we didn't include the fixed promotion/relegation system in the rules for this season is because the next (proper) season will more than likely see a lot of changes with F1 2015 being on a new platform (Xbox One). So there are likely to be a lot of new drivers coming in, possibly some old drivers returning, and probably quite a few drivers leaving as well (either to go to another platform, or because they don't have next-gen yet). Plus, with the new game being built on a new engine, people playing with new equipment etc, people's speed on 2014 won't necessarily be fully representative of what will be the case on 2015 - especially if the wheel/pad issues are sorted.

I understand what you're saying though. Everyone's performances and results from this season will still be taken into consideration when the F1 2015 leagues are set up, so we shall hopefully be able to reward people's performances and loyalty on F1 2014 as deserved. At the same time, our aim will always be to create as competitive leagues as possible, so just like in previous seasons we will try to balance those two "goals" as best we can.

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
The reason we didn't include the fixed promotion/relegation system in the rules for this season is because the next (proper) season will more than likely see a lot of changes with F1 2015 being on a new platform (Xbox One). So there are likely to be a lot of new drivers coming in, possibly some old drivers returning, and probably quite a few drivers leaving as well (either to go to another platform, or because they don't have next-gen yet). Plus, with the new game being built on a new engine, people playing with new equipment etc, people's speed on 2014 won't necessarily be fully representative of what will be the case on 2015 - especially if the wheel/pad issues are sorted.

I understand what you're saying though. Everyone's performances and results from this season will still be taken into consideration when the F1 2015 leagues are set up, so we shall hopefully be able to reward people's performances and loyalty on F1 2014 as deserved. At the same time, our aim will always be to create as competitive leagues as possible, so just like in previous seasons we will try to balance those two "goals" as best we can.
Yeah we understand the competitive thing and I am sure you guys will get it right and find the balance, however it annoys me when people start talking about the F1 league next season and completely disregarding me and LC, for example, who have stuck with the game and have come top 2 on this game and have shown the pace to be in F1!

• Agree
Reactions: Devastation

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah we understand the competitive thing and I am sure you guys will get it right and find the balance, however it annoys me when people start talking about the F1 league next season and completely disregarding me and LC, for example, who have stuck with the game and have come top 2 on this game and have shown the pace to be in F1!
You also have to take into consideration the fact that raven, tigger, rosberg, matty will most likely be much quicker than you and LC on 2015, but people like trl karthikeyan for example might not be, the leagues for next gen consoles will be completely different because its hopefully a changed game

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
We're not disregarding you - as of right now you've both definitely earned a place more so than some of the lower placed F1 drivers. But due to the changes there'll be a lot more things than usual to consider when the F1 2015 leagues are to be set up, and right now nobody knows for sure what drivers will actually sign up for it on the Xbox One (you won't have to worry about Raven for example as he's got a PS4 I think, but some others may return). Wheel drivers may also have to be taken into the equation again if they fix the imbalance. It's just not really possible to say what will happen right now, until we know what drivers we have to pick from, and how the gameplay of F1 2015 itself affects things :)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
We're not disregarding you - as of right now you've both definitely earned a place more so than some of the lower placed F1 drivers. But due to the changes there'll be a lot more things than usual to consider when the F1 2015 leagues are to be set up, and right now nobody knows for sure what drivers will actually sign up for it on the Xbox One (you won't have to worry about Raven for example as he's got a PS4 I think, but some others may return). Wheel drivers may also have to be taken into the equation again if they fix the imbalance. It's just not really possible to say what will happen right now, until we know what drivers we have to pick from, and how the gameplay of F1 2015 itself affects things :)
I didn't mean you (AOR) by the way :)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
I see. Still, just trying to explain the situation as it can be a bit confusing :)
Yeah and I understand, thanks! It's just frustration more than anything about others but I know how difficult it will be, especially as you said if the wheel and pad are equal. I'm sure you'll find the best balance :)