X360 GP2: Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [7/12/14 - 8:15pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 GP2: Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix [7/12/14 - 8:15pm]

iLeeRoy_x

F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014

Round 5 - Spanish Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 7th December 2014
Time: 8:15pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
looking pretty good round here too so a podium looks possible. did a 1.21.9 last night but theres room for improvement still. gfot a feeling were in for mixed conditions this week

Damo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Hoping to hit a low 22 with a decent lap. I'm rubbish at sector 3 though

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Did a 1:21.4 earlier, good lap. Probably optimal a 21.2 or maybe a 21.1. Race pace is meh but looking OK

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
Is this a 2 stop or a 3 stop, I think 2 is possible but 3 might be quicker with the tyre wear at this track

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
I haven't been on f1 all week so I'm going to practice today and tomorrow and just aim for points, my quail pace this season has usually been good but my race pace has been shite so hopefully I can fix that

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
dont know what my pace will be like as im off down the pub lol

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Spanish GP - note to all leagues:

Some of you might have noticed the threads here and here about Xbox 360 having apparently been hacked which has caused occasional issues for people with regards to the online functionality.

At the moment, we are planning to carry on as nornal with trying to host tonight's league races and hope that we won't face any issues. However, the general guideline we've set is that if 4 or more people in the league (who weren't already missing the race for other reasons) are unable to get on due to these issues, the race will be postponed to 21st December (which was originally scheduled to be a race day before the calendar change).

We hope this won't be necessary, but just so that people are aware of the potential situation if issues do occur.

Also, note that if you haven't been on the Xbox 360 recently, you will be forced to do an Xbox update when logging on - this takes quite a long time, so make sure you are online in good time before the races are scheduled to start!

JNPJD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Tonight, it will be another great race in last place for me, I would just like to know why I was put in GP2, while last season I was in trouble in F4

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
ncant race, iv got flu and eyes keep watering up so its not very safe for others, sorry for short notice but I thought I would be ok to race but seems not,

hullcityfan789

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Taken out by lag, lag in front and behind me, 4 people lag out in the first 10 laps then I go on lap 20 -_- Wasn't having the best of races either way, may have been able to squeeze into the points though depending on what happened in front of me, shame though, especially as I can't make Monaco :(

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
Pole, fastest lap and the win :D. Decent qualy, pretty poor race but managed to hold out for the win :D

Damo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Could've snuck a podium if LC hadn't been a road block for the first 6 laps but still very happy :cigar:

MerdeEstMerde

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2014
Qualifying: 2nd

Race: 2nd
Enjoyed my first league race in the AOR, had a few close battles with Silentmole & LC, sadly had the dreaded lag spike at the worst possible time when i'd just got back in to the DRS zone of Silentmole and after that i couldn't gain on him.
Thanks for the racing anyway guys, and hope to race again soon (when a full driver isn't able to race)
Also good win to Silentmole!

Reactions: TheSilentMole45

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Quali 8th, Race 8th

Started on options, then done P-O-O. Thought 3 stop would be better for me. In the first stint I was holding onto the 5 car battle, but when I came in end of lap 7 for primes I just fell off the pace. Basically came down to the final stint for me when I was on fresh options and overtook 3 people, though disappointed I couldn't get Tom at the end. Was surprisingly a lot of disconnects , though I'm sure that may well be down to XBLive and the past couple of days. Couple of rage quits in there though?

Leeroy you mid-week rage quite Rug's social cos you lost yer wing, something similar happen tonight? And @moana2907 I overtook into Turn 1 and you immediately left. Or dsc but I find it hard to believe you dsc as soon as I passed you.

iLeeRoy_x

F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
i Retired as i Missed the Pit Lane Was No Point Limbing Round a Track Wouldnt Call it a Rage Quit, this track has never been kind too me same thing Happened Last Season, Safer too stop than to limb it