X360 hacked | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 hacked

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
So as most of you know Xbox has been hacked recently, and was offline for quite awhile today. So with us knowing that whoever is hacking Xbox is capable of doing it almost whenever they want ATM, what will happen to the league races scheduled on Sunday? Obviously we don't want to get behind in the season by postponing, but it would be awful for the league races to start and then be cut short because Xbox Live goes down again.

Note: This thread is something open to suggestions on what we should do with the situation.
Other note: My apologies if this is hard to read, I wrote it at 1am

• Useful
Reactions: ThomasIrishHD

ry the boss

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
If it is regularly going offline for the rest of today, and tomorrow, then postponing the league race might be an option, but unless Xbox is offline at the start time, I don't know really.

Although a little more time to practice Spain wouldn't go a miss! (y)

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
We'll really have to see how XBL is coping come Sunday evening but ultimately if there are issues getting everyone into the lobby even before the race the coordinator for the league will have to make the call to postpone the race for another time so keep your eyes on the forum if this is the case, What I would suggest is if your having problems joining a lobby make a post in your forums race thread to make your coordinator aware of your issues, short and sweet as it can be a stressful time trying to get another 15 people into a lobby. :finger:

If the lobby manages to get going and racing, Its follow the rules already in place

Disconnections:
● If a driver loses connection from a race, that is tough luck, and unfortunately nothing can be done about that.
● If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby in order to start the race from the back of the grid.
● We do our best to ensure that the best available connection in the lobby acts as the lobby host, so any connection issues are normally a result of a fault on the disconnecting driver's end. Please ensure that your internet connection is fine, and that your NAT is open, before entering the race lobby.

Mass disconnections:
● If half, or more, of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.
● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. If several drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.
● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.
● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
@Du7cH I honestly don't think it is possible to do a league race under these conditions unless this issue clears up today. Personally I would rather postpone the race than deal with live going down during the race and possibly getting half points.. Idk if I'm speaking for the rest of the Xbox community though :/

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Really? Wow. I haven't been on X360 since the league race last Sunday so I wouldn't have noticed this. So is Xbox Live actually down right now? Or is it just occasionally?

Anyway, I think we just have to do what has been said above, see what the situation is in the lead-up to the race on Sunday. If Xbox Live is playing up at the time the races are meant to take place (meaning several people aren't able to get on), then there wouldn't be any other choice but to postpone. Luckily we can always use 21st December (which was originally meant to be a race day before it was turned into a break week on the updated calendar) to host a race on if necessary.

Fingers crossed it won't be needed though.

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
Really? Wow. I haven't been on X360 since the league race last Sunday so I wouldn't have noticed this. So is Xbox Live actually down right now? Or is it just occasionally?

Anyway, I think we just have to do what has been said above, see what the situation is in the lead-up to the race on Sunday. If Xbox Live is playing up at the time the races are meant to take place (meaning several people aren't able to get on), then there wouldn't be any other choice but to postpone. Luckily we can always use 21st December (which was originally meant to be a race day before it was turned into a break week on the updated calendar) to host a race on if necessary.

Fingers crossed it won't be needed though.
It's been going down periodically today.. I know it was hacked earlier this week and apparently this is a test run for a larger scale hack over Christmas.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I've been running my xbox 360 all week regularly and had a few moments where it's taking a few extra seconds to sign in but no issues at all. but as mentioned, there no way to determine if this is a localised issue to region or if its affecting xbl as a whole, so the only thing we can do is carry on a see how it is on the night so be prepared to race and dont be disappointed if you can't..

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
I've been running my xbox 360 all week regularly and had a few moments where it's taking a few extra seconds to sign in but no issues at all. but as mentioned, there no way to determine if this is a localised issue to region or if its affecting xbl as a whole, so the only thing we can do is carry on a see how it is on the night so be prepared to race and dont be disappointed if you can't..
I have been checking with the Xbox support team and it looks like nearly everyone is having the issue. Live has been mighty slow and has shutdown very often for me at least

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
Apparently these hackers are planning to ruin this weekend and the rest of the month, they just tweeted "This will be an entertaining weekend." And "This entire month will be filled with events."

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Dont underestimate microsoft in these type of situations since the early days there have been different attacks taking place of all sorts, and normally xbl stands up quite well compared to the psn network at least, I don't want to turn this into xbox vs playstation but lets face it its not exactly a surprise attack and xbox will have some kind of strategy in place to keep xbl running.

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Dont underestimate microsoft in these type of situations since the early days there have been different attacks taking place of all sorts, and normally xbl stands up quite well compared to the psn network at least, I don't want to turn this into xbox vs playstation but lets face it its not exactly a surprise attack and xbox will have some kind of strategy in place to keep xbl running.
Apart from Australia last season when it went down

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Yeah lol, but the service itself was working and we had to have the race setup in a public lobby and empty the non AOR guys joining, was just a pain not having messages and invites working correctly but we got through it :D

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
Yeah, I feel like they will get everything sorted out but hopefully by tomorrow :D

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
I was playing last night with my mates and in a matter of minutes all of us were kicked of xbox live and not able to get on, hopefully this doesn't happen on Sunday

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
I was playing last night with my mates and in a matter of minutes all of us were kicked of xbox live and not able to get on, hopefully this doesn't happen on Sunday
Yeah same with me, but it wouldn't install the update because it kept kicking me off live.. Did anyone else have that problem?

Lewis_Tids

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
As Blue Smurf has said, It's Lizard Squad, they no doubt will be planning to hack every major gaming network that they can over the holiday period. They managed to hack into Machinma's website, take it over, change the admin configurations and had it for a long time. One of the guys behind it said that he doesnt have control of it now but he could easily get back on it...This will be a fun Christmas...

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
As Blue Smurf has said, It's Lizard Squad, they no doubt will be planning to hack every major gaming network that they can over the holiday period. They managed to hack into Machinma's website, take it over, change the admin configurations and had it for a long time. One of the guys behind it said that he doesnt have control of it now but he could easily get back on it...This will be a fun Christmas...
Yup, heard they got into steam as well...

Johnny Everest

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2015
So as most of you know Xbox has been hacked recently, and was offline for quite awhile today. So with us knowing that whoever is hacking Xbox is capable of doing it almost whenever they want ATM, what will happen to the league races scheduled on Sunday? Obviously we don't want to get behind in the season by postponing, but it would be awful for the league races to start and then be cut short because Xbox Live goes down again.

Note: This thread is something open to suggestions on what we should do with the situation.
Other note: My apologies if this is hard to read, I wrote it at 1am
I know this was a while ago, but I remember when it happened. I also remember several years ago when PSnetwrk was badly hit. It's a shame when it happens and given the political BS with the laws that use to benefit good hackers that found flaws and tried to help companies is now proposed to be punished. They are in the process of passing a law that states that even the good hackers that search for flaws and fine vulnerability in systems will be charged with a felony. What a smack in the face to helpful hackers. It's not Charles Bronson playing vigilante, but Washington seems to think so. And who pays the price and penalty once again, the good guys.