XB1 FIFA 14 - Season 2 Sign ups! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 FIFA 14 - Season 2 Sign ups!

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Just a quick update, we have now got 17 sign ups meaning there is just 3 spaces left. Judging by the decline in sign ups recently it looked very unlikely we are going to go increase the original allocation of 20. This means that if you wish to contend in next seasons league you have to sign up ASAP to make it in.

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
If we do 2 divisions of 8 teams with the top 8 from last season in the top division and the rest in the bottom division. Then we can get the team picking done, I know it is unfair on the last sign up, but they can be 1st reserve :)

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
JordanMcGonigal;n58768 said:
If we do 2 divisions of 8 teams with the top 8 from last season in the top division and the rest in the bottom division. Then we can get the team picking done, I know it is unfair on the last sign up, but they can be 1st reserve :)

It may be more awkward with the fixtures but couldn't we just have uneven divisions? I just don't like the idea of cutting off our former champion tbh and it wouldn't be that hard to accommodate to. There's plenty of competitions in the world which operate on odd numbers anyway.

CPFC_BreweR

Formula Karter
Apr 30, 2014
I was thinking that qualifiers for the First division could be an option. If the players that finished in the top 4 last season Automatically get a spot in the First division. The rest of the players or a selection of them play out a Bracket type tournement, to determine the rest of the players. The bracket doesn't have to be completed as you can take the 4 Semi-Finalists and put them into the First division as the last 4. So the Division reaches a total of 8 players. The rest of the players then make up Division 2

May 5, 2014
Why not just have 8 in the 1st division, 9 in the second division then if we get an 18th applicant, stick him in the second division but make him play catch up. 2 relegations from the top division and two promotions from the second? Makes it a little bit more fair so nobody is missing out. As for the top 4 of last season being guaranteed a place in the 1st division, I completely agree with that :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So I'm having a major problem with FIFA at the moment. Basically, it won't let me play online.

Every time I look for a match (in Seasons, FUT and Friendlies) I always get the message "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again." Happens every time I try to get into a match. Not only that, it also seems to make the game of my opponent crash to the dashboard at the same time.

I have tried everything I can think of. Made sure the ports for Xbox One are open on my router, tried both wireless and wired connection, uninstalled and reinstalled the game (twice), reset my router, deleted and redownloaded the FIFA online squads - nothing has worked. It seems to be the same problem some others are reporting on the EA forum here and here, but there's no suggested fixes in there other than what I've already tried.

There's been a few weeks since the last time I played online on FIFA so clearly something has happened between then and now, but I have no idea what.

I would like to remain in the league at least until the end of the week in hope that it by some miracle starts working again, but if not then you'll have to find someone else to take my spot as I simply can't play any matches :(

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
xHPExFootie;n63680 said:
It's probably too late, but can I sign up? :)
Hold that thought mate. As mentioned above I might have to pull out as my game isn't letting me play head-to-head online matches (will check again tomorrow to see if this is still the case), which might force me to relinquish my spot.

However I think there might be another reserve at the moment waiting for a spot to open, in which case I'd assume he will be asked first to fill the spot. I'm sure a FIFA cod will confirm on this.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
FisiFan91;n62257 said:
So I'm having a major problem with FIFA at the moment. Basically, it won't let me play online.

Every time I look for a match (in Seasons, FUT and Friendlies) I always get the message "Connection to your opponent was lost. Please start searching again." Happens every time I try to get into a match. Not only that, it also seems to make the game of my opponent crash to the dashboard at the same time.

I have tried everything I can think of. Made sure the ports for Xbox One are open on my router, tried both wireless and wired connection, uninstalled and reinstalled the game (twice), reset my router, deleted and redownloaded the FIFA online squads - nothing has worked. It seems to be the same problem some others are reporting on the EA forum here and here, but there's no suggested fixes in there other than what I've already tried.

There's been a few weeks since the last time I played online on FIFA so clearly something has happened between then and now, but I have no idea what.

I would like to remain in the league at least until the end of the week in hope that it by some miracle starts working again, but if not then you'll have to find someone else to take my spot as I simply can't play any matches :(
So yeah, sadly I'll have to confirm that the issue mentioned above is still persisting, and I still have no idea how to fix it as I feel like I've tried everything I can.

What's weird is that it's only head-to-head online matches (Friendlies, Seasons & FUT) it won't allow me to play, while Pro Clubs works absolutely fine... but oh well.

This sadly means I have no choice but to drop out of the league. I hope one of the reserves will be able to take over my team so that the games can still be played.

So good luck with the season guys, and hopefully I'll be able to rejoin for FIFA 15.

OTELL0

Pro Karter
Jul 5, 2014
Hi, I'm sorry for FisiFan91 because he could not attend the league. I'm glad to be first reserve and I would like to join you now. I would like to select Udinese as my team if that is possible :)

Troyfmcg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
OTELL0;n64739 said:
Hi, I'm sorry for FisiFan91 because he could not attend the league. I'm glad to be first reserve and I would like to join you now. I would like to select Udinese as my team if that is possible :)

Sadly as the season has started you have to use the team which Fisifan91 selected.

EDIT: You can go Udinese as Fisifan91 has yet to play a fixture!