Xbox - GP2 - Start | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Xbox - GP2 - Start

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNPJD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Platform + League: Xbox 360 - GP2
Date: 14/12/2014
Members Involved: ???? - JNPJD
Description: We arrive at the first corner, a McLaren crosses the road and sends me TAQ
Evidence:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@xHPExFootie I assume that's your McLaren up JNPJD's inside there. Could you give your view of what happened please?

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
I got hit from behind so I tried to miss jnpjd by cutting the corner but he turned in and side pod glitched, also on my screen he was lagging very badly so that could've been another reason for the insane side pod glitch front flip 360 no scope

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I got hit from behind so I tried to miss jnpjd by cutting the corner but he turned in and side pod glitched, also on my screen he was lagging very badly so that could've been another reason for the insane side pod glitch front flip 360 no scope
Any idea who might have hit you?

In JNPJD's mirror it looked like a Williams was close behind - @LC SPEED DEMON @FormulaMoss F1 did any of you have a view from behind Footie at the time?

CallumBCFC19

1-time AOR X360 F5 Champion
Jun 2, 2014
I am sorry for butting in, I don't know if I am allowed but I just thought that next to the Williams it looks like a Ferrari.

Damo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I held back at the start so didn't really see anything

DefterTrout125

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Here's my view.

It doesn't show much. However I did get a hit from behind which is why I almost went into the wall but luckily it probably aided me in the end. Me and LC were quite close and I can only assume that the touch came from Moss. So it may have been possible that Moss hit both of us leading to the crash. Taylor was in there as well but I think he may have been too far back. That's all I have but really we need to hear from LC and Moss.

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
All I saw is AI cars, as I dsc from the game just before the tunnel none of your actual cars were on my screen, I know this coz I overtook lots of cars at the start and everyone was really slow[DOUBLEPOST=1418764364][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I may be leaving anyway, with my conenction atm, there's no point in racing as there's probably a 90% chance each race of dsc, it happens in lots of other leagues aswell as yesterday I dsc out of a league race early. But I hope I can rejoin once my connection is stable?

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Unfortunately I don't think there's too much we can do here. Footie says he was hit in the back before the contact, while LC said he didn't hit anyone just got caught up in it, so based on FormulaMoss' statement I think it's most likely his car that caused the chain reaction as a result of the lag he was suffering from.
All I saw is AI cars, as I dsc from the game just before the tunnel none of your actual cars were on my screen, I know this coz I overtook lots of cars at the start and everyone was really slow
This sounds very much like what Contadins experienced at Malaysia in the F1 league (see here), in which case you couldn't have known where the cars actually were going into turn 1.

@FormulaMoss F1 Please keep an extra eye on your connection going forward though, and be aware of potential lag. Try to see if there are things you can do to your internet to improve it at the time of the league races (wired connection, open NAT, kicking family members off their computers ( :p ) etc) and see if that helps going forward. But if not, we might have to consider your position in the league. Fingers crossed though!

Reactions: FormulaMoss F1

JNPJD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
I would just add.

My video, the McLaren cutting the first corner, which sends me TAQ and do not expect me. On the video from defter, nobody grows the McLaren. Me and the McLaren braked at the same time, I see defter in my rearview mirror I do not want to block on the left so I keep my path, the McLaren insists and cuts the corner and grows me.

JNPJD

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Close topic. Thank you for the crash and waiting for me thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.