Xenforo 2.0 Update | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Xenforo 2.0 Update

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Well, at least when injecting the CSS via chrome, it works perfectly for me.
View attachment 33465
Or what do you mean by prefix?
So I made your CSS LESS and it still isn't working. I think Javascript is controlling it and ignoring any settings beforehand :(

@color_1: #fff;
@border_color_1: #676767;

.is-unread {
.structItem-title {
&:before {
content: "NEW!";
display: inline-block;
padding: 1px .35em;
border: 1px solid transparent;
border-radius: 3px;
font-size: 80%;
line-height: 1.26;
text-decoration: none font-weight: 400;
color: @color_1;
background: #808080;
border-color: @border_color_1;
}
}
}

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Also - I can make it work when a prefix is involved. Just struggling to get it to work when no prefix (PC, PS4, XB1, etc etc) is selected.

Aug 26, 2017
With LESS you should be able to ditch everything behind the content-property and just make it
Less:
.label;
.label.label--gray;
But it's of course possible that JavaScript messes with it which I can't see in my browser. I can't help you with that though, I've never worked with XenForo before. :/

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
With LESS you should be able to ditch everything behind the content-property and just make it
Less:
.label;
.label.label--gray;
But it's of course possible that JavaScript messes with it which I can't see in my browser. I can't help you with that though, I've never worked with XenForo before. :/
Needed to use JS.

1512516836278.png

Sorted! How's that?

Aug 26, 2017
Nice! I just saw that XenForo has a class for a "new content label", at least for forums:
Code:
.uix_newIndicator
HTML:
<span class="uix_newIndicator">New</span>"
Maybe you could use that? Just for consistency reasons.

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Looking better and better (y)

To the right of the AOR banner there is lot of space left. Think it should be more aligned/stretched out to the right?
And the icon (with the red circle) is getting changed...kind of ugly now (i think).

Untitled.png

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Hey @Dan Hawkins I've got a couple issues, I'm currently unable to rate posts (or I don't see or know where it is now) also there is a small double blue scribble? covering the 'reply' option in posts, screenshot below:
(I'm using internet explorer 11)

1512572085515.png

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hey @Dan Hawkins I've got a couple issues, I'm currently unable to rate posts (or I don't see or know where it is now) also there is a small double blue scribble? covering the 'reply' option in posts, screenshot below:

View attachment 33493
Your IE has issues. Those blue smears are the rating graphics but they're stretched and distorted. It's not ActiveX filtering as I tried it off and it's also not Compatibility View. Is it Flash not working?

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

View attachment 33493
What is you'r IE version. Looking at the store icon in the taskbar you don't have updated Windows? and next to the s ettings button IE has now a fairly long time a smilie.
1512578594521.png

This is my version
1512578538893.png

Edd1e360

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 5, 2017
I seem to have a problems with "alerts" after this update i dont get alerts for replies in threads anymore i have to refresh page all the time and not even then do they show

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What is you'r IE version. Looking at the store icon in the taskbar you don't have updated Windows? and next to the s ettings button IE has now a fairly long time a smilie.
View attachment 33496

This is my version
View attachment 33495
Looking at the screenshot again, it looks like Windows 8.x, IIRC it has to be W8.1 as W8 only has IE10 and both are unsupported.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
View attachment 33496

This is my version
View attachment 33495
Just checked and the 'version' is different 11.0.9600 but the 'update versions' and 'product id' are an exact match to yours Michel, I also have 'install new versions automatically' ticked so apparently I should have the latest version.:unsure:
Looking at the screenshot again, it looks like Windows 8.x, IIRC it has to be W8.1 as W8 only has IE10 and both are unsupported.
Yeah Jay my laptop uses windows 8 (that's what it says underneath it), but with ie11.

I didn't realise it but I can click on the blue smear and when I do the ratings appear, so I can give ratings which means my main problem is gone, with the blue smear as its only a minor display issue - I can live with it.

Anyway thanks for your help guys.(y)

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014

View attachment 33493
Why on earth are you using IE?! Lol *puke*

In seriousness - can you see if it happens in chrome? Not sure why you are getting smears - also, you're on the old AOR V3 design - as staff banners have changed

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
To the right of the AOR banner there is lot of space left. Think it should be more aligned/stretched out to the right?
And the icon (with the red circle) is getting changed...kind of ugly now (i think).
There was an issue with some javascript I inserted... Basically forcing the alert balloon and profile stuff off the page - So I removed that.

will Have a play shortly to see if I can sort the alignment stuff, think a recent update to the framework UIX may have sorted this - so need to update it.

BTW - We will be switching back to a similar sort of of style as the old AOR V3 - just waiting for the developer to finish off the framework... Rather than using UIX.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Why on earth are you using IE?! Lol *puke*

In seriousness - can you see if it happens in chrome? Not sure why you are getting smears - also, you're on the old AOR V3 design - as staff banners have changed
How dare you slate the legendary IE!:finger: Your now on santa wobbuffet's naughty list Dan and as a result you will be finding coal in your stocking this xmas.:eek:;)

Oh I checked my preferences in my account and apparently my style is already set to AOR4.0, I guess the site has automatically updated it for me.:unsure:
As for chrome I'll download it later at some point and report my findings to you.